The announcement you have been waiting for: Calvary United Methodist Church will gather for worship on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 11AM. After much prayer and discussion, we have a few small changes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Please use the sanctuary entrance near the parking lot. Other doors will be locked at this time.
- Please enter through the main sanctuary doors. The other doors will remain locked at this time.
- Please use hand sanitizer which will be available and please wear a mask. We have disposable masks available thanks to a generous donation from Community Foundation of Fayette County.
- Please maintain social distancing with those that you do not live with or interact with on a regular basis. Every other pew will not be used.
- If you wish to have the bulletin emailed (or mailed) to you, please email or call the church office by Wednesday afternoon. We will not be printing bulletins for now.
- If you have been running a fever, not feeling well, or exposed to someone that has recently been diagnosed with COVID-19, please join us live on Facebook, or on our webpage later in the day.
- We are unable to visit nursing homes or hospitals at this time. We will let you know when that changes. If you are at home and would like a pastoral visit, please call the church office to make arrangements.
- We are not going to do verbal prayer requests right now. If you have a specific joy or concern please fill out a card located on the table in the narthex, or contact Pastor Bev.
- If you are uncomfortable coming to church right now, we understand. Please feel free to continue worshipping from home. If you wish to receive a printed sermon, please ask and one will be mailed to you weekly.
- When worship is over, we will be dismissing you by pews beginning in the back so that the aisles do not become congested. Please observe the directions you are given and be respectful to others.
- We will not offer coffee or refreshments, or schedule fellowship meals during this time.
- We will not be passing the offering plate at this time. So many of you have been generous during this time of physical distancing and virtual worship. We have been blessed in so many ways to be able to continue our ministries and to meet our expenses. Thank you so much. If you are worshipping with us, the offering plates will be located in the narthex as you enter and exit.
God bless you all, and I look forward to worshipping with you soon!